To create a .ZIP file in Mac OS X:
The .zip file cannot contain any sub-directories, it should include only individual files.
- First select all of the files you want to add
- you can select multiple files by holding down the command key (apple key) on your keyboard and clicking on each file you would like to select
- CTRL-click on the selected files then select Compress Items
- earlier versions of OS X will instead have a Create Archive option
- OS X will then create an Archive.zip file like the one below