Use Import a File to add course material for download that is not suitable for presenting on a slide; for example a course syllabus, a detailed diagram, or detailed written instructions. You upload this file from your computer, and add it as an element to the course.
To import a file:
Click the Manage Courses tab. The Courses list is displayed.
- Click on the name of the course. The Edit Course Details window is displayed with a task list.
- Click Manage Course Elements from the task list.
- The Elements list for the course is displayed.
- Click Import a File from the Course Elements list. The Import a File window is displayed.
Type the title of the File
element, then click Choose file within the File field. Your file selection window is
displayed. Select the file you want
to import and click the Upload button.
- The file you imported is displayed on the Elements list.
Replacing the file information
To update the information in the file element, click on the name of the file from the Elements list, then click Upload from the task list. The Upload File window is displayed. Choose the file you want to use to update the File element, and click Upload.
Note: The file that you upload to a File element can be any file type up 100MB in size.
Now that you've imported the File element, you can manage the details of the file by selecting the following from the task list that is displayed when you click on the File element name from the Elements list:
- Preview File - View the file as the student see it. For more information, see Previewing an element or a course.
- Revisit - Specify if, and how long after completion, you want the student to be able to go back and review the file. For more information, see Revisiting an element.
- Availability - Specify when this file is available as part of the course.
- Visibility - Specify when the student is able to see this file as part of the course.
- Activate - Make this file an active part of the course. Only active course elements are visible to the student taking the course. For more information, see Activating an element.
- Copy this Element - Use this file as a template for another assignment. For more information, see Copying an element.
- Delete this Element - Delete the file. For more information, see Deleting an element.
- Notifications - Create a notification that the file is downloaded and available.