To add a chalkboard;
- Click the Manage Courses tab. The Courses list is displayed.
- Click on the name of the course. The Edit Course Details window is displayed with a task list.
- Click Manage Course Elements from the task list.
- The Elements list for the course is displayed.
- Click Add a Chalkboard from the Course Elements list. The Add a Chalkboard window is displayed. Enter the information for the chalkboard and click the Create button.
- The chalkboard you added is displayed on the Elements list, and the Edit Element Details window is displayed with a task list.
Now that you've created the chalkboard element, you can manage the details of the chalkboard by selecting the following from the task list:
- Edit Chalkboard - Add audio or video media to create a chalkboard timeline. See Uploading Media (Audio or Video) for more information. Once you add the required media file, you can add slides, chapters, and checkpoints to the chalkboard timeline. You can also change the chalkboard layout.
- Preview Chalkboard - View and participate in a completed chalkboard as a student. For more information, see Previewing an element or a course.
- Completion - Specify the percentage of the chalkboard timeline that must be viewed by the student to be considered complete. NOTE - It is recommended that you not set the completion percentage above the default value of 95%
- Revisit - Specify if, and how long after completion, you want the student to be able to go back and review the chalkboard. For more information, see Revisiting an element.
- Availability - Specify when the student is able to take this chalkboard.
- Visibility - Specify when the student is able to see this chalkboard as part of the course.
- Activate - Make this chalkboard an active part of the course. Only active course elements are visible to the student taking the course. For more information, see Activating an element.
- Copy this Element - Use this element as a template for another chalkboard. For more information, see Copying an element.
- Delete this Element - Delete the chalkboard. For more information, see Deleting a chalkboard.
- Notifications - create a chalkboard completion notification.